Monday, August 12, 2013

Kate

Dearest Kate,

I miss you now like how I've missed you when we were gone home for the college summer vacation.
I miss you now like how I've missed talking to you before we fall asleep.
I miss you now like how I've missed walking with you in the fields of UP Miag-ao.
I miss you now like how I've missed hearing your words of advice with your most angelic voice.
I miss you now like how I've missed laughing at your corny jokes.
I miss you now like how I've missed clapping my hands at your awkward dance steps.
I even miss you now like how I've missed fighting with you over non-sense stuff.
I miss you now like I've never missed you before.
And I wonder how wonderful my life would be if I can still see and hug you. Not like it was any less wonderful at all since you were in it! My life has been one wonderful one 'cause I met a wonderful you in my one lifetime.
I miss you, Kate.
In times like these that I miss you more. I miss hearing these words from you:
EXPECT the worst.
HOPE for the best.
TAKE what comes.

Our friendship knows no boundaries. It knows no death. It knows no rules. It knows no judgement. It knows no requirement. It knows no time. It only is pure and kind. Thank you so much for this gift. See you again, Kate. I love you.

That's my beautiful sister, Kate! She was a UP Economics cum laude. I lost my bestfriend to leukemia at the age of 20. She fought a very good battle and she continues to live in the hearts of those whose lives were touched by her. What she has done for those around her will forever be eternal. And what she has done for me is immortal.



No comments:

Post a Comment