Wednesday, February 3, 2016

On Forgiveness

 source: Internet

The blessings in my life are overflowing. I've had my fair share of challenges in my workplace lately. It consumed me to the point I was so vulnerable I already garnered hatred and resentment which was not very healthy. I thank God He gave me a wonderful support system in my mother, husband, son, closest friends, and colleagues.

The end is in sight and I thanked everyone who helped me through -- you know who you are. This experience has taught me many things. First, I learned that during tough times, you'd know who your real friends are. Second, it is always worth the fight telling the truth. Third, you'd be surprised to meet new people who will affect your life forever. Fourth, it taught me to learn how to forgive. Lastly, God works in my favour, EVERY TIME if I commit everything to Him.

Below are words of God shared by my ops manager whom I look up to and consider a great blessing amidst all the trials I faced. I can't help but feel it is only righteous to spread these wonderful words.


Who forgives whom first?

“Forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.” (Luke 11:4)

“As the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.” (Colossians 3:13)

When Jesus teaches us to pray that God forgive us “for we ourselves forgive,” He is not saying that the first move in forgiveness was our move. Rather it goes like this: God forgave us when we believed in Christ (Acts 10:43). Then, from this broken, joyful, grateful, hopeful, experience of being forgiven, we offer forgiveness to others. This signifies that we have been savingly forgiven. That is, our forgiving others shows that we have faith; we are united to Christ; we are indwelt by the Spirit.

But we still sin (1 John 1:8, 10). So we still turn to God for fresh applications of the work of Christ on our behalf—fresh applications of forgiveness. We cannot do this with any confidence, if we are harboring an unforgiving spirit (Matthew 18:23–35). That’s why Jesus says we ask for forgiveness because we are forgiving. This is like saying: “Father, continue to extend to me the mercies purchased by Christ because by these mercies I forsake vengeance and extend to others what you have extended to me.”

O, how sweet is the word of God! I looked out my window into the bright morning and said: I love you, God. I love you, Lord Jesus. I love your word. O what a privilege to know you and to have your word. Please keep me faithful to it. In Jesus’ name. Amen


source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment