Friday, June 7, 2013

Blooming Motherhood = Deteriorating Friendship


I am a passionate mother to my son and I can't imagine my life without him. I want every minute spent with him, which makes it very difficult for me since I have a full-time job. When my work hours shifted to 11pm-8am, I was delighted! This meant I got to be with Freedom and look after his needs every day of the week! We spend the entire day eating meals, taking naps, strolling outside, reading books, cuddling, and playing. I am just in heaven every day!
There's just one thing though that's been irking me these past few weeks. I noticed that I haven't had gone out with friends for some time now. I guess for four months already! It's been a long time really. I don't know if they just assume I'm busy by default or vice versa. The Hubby has been telling me to go out and have some ME time. "I'll take care of Freedom. Go out and have some fun," he said. But I'm always hearing myself respond, "It seems like I don't have friends anymore."
It dawned to me that not one of my closest friends had invited me to go out or have a chitchat for some time now. It made me very sad. Maybe I am stuck in mommyhood bliss for a while. Maybe it was me who had stopped trying to keep in touch. I am such a bad friend. I wish that everything is fine with them though. I wish this is just a phase.
A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely. - Pam Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment