Sunday, June 2, 2013

My SuperMom Story Entry

I recently joined Amanda Loving Life's makeover contest for mommies. I'm not really expecting to actually win the contest. I also sort of wanting to share my story as a mom of an asthmatic child. As you can see, this blog is a vehicle for me to share my journey as a first-time mom of my precious son, Free. Read on.


I am a first-time mom of a 16-month-old baby boy with asthma. After a series of hospital admissions for pneumonia and non-stop bouts of colds, Freedom was diagnosed with this problematic condition when he was just eight months old. Any mother out there knows how it feels like when your child is sick. I know how bad it feels when my son was often admitted in hospitals. I’ll never go into the details of  how my husband and I coped with sleepless nights while he's having an attack; our dealings with round-the-clock medications, nebulizations and inhaler shots. Whilst you cannot overlook the financial strain this ordeal caused, it has also definitely taken a toll on me -- on my work, on my relationships, on my overall self-care.


But with the help of my loving husband, family and friends; I am starting to get back on track with almost every aspect of my mommy life. We are trying our best to keep my son's asthma under control, and it's getting better and better every day. I know I still have a long way to go as a mom of an asthmatic child. I always tell myself, as long as my baby is having no more attacks, I am the happiest mom! The daily joys he brings to our lives are endless.

With all these asthma management-related stuff I am dealing with, I definitely deserve a little break and want to feel beautiful. Asthma management is for the long haul. It would really cheer me up if I'll have a mommy makeover for free! After all, I can't remember the last time I was able to buy anything for myself. And the last time I had anything done with my hair was when my baby started to grab my long hair with his cute tiny fingers that I had to cut it short.
I thank God every day that I am blessed with a very active, happy kid who has taught Mommy how to be the strongest. He is the one who taught me how to be the best mommy for him. My son, Freedom, made me feel like I am a mythical heroine called "supermom." 

You can definitely join too, Mommies! Just check out Amanda Loving Life page on Facebook for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment