Sunday, June 2, 2013

Freedom's First DIY Birthday

I describe myself DIY crazy. I love doing crafty things during my downtime. Preparing my son's first birthday was extra special of course! This party was all things DIY. From paper pompoms to cupcake toppers, even to his birthday shirt. I wanted the party to look rustic and homey. Check out my son's Little Man Mustache Bash.

Total Cost: P4,500 (all in)



I cut out an old carton board and made this bash sign hanged outside our gate.





Table setting. I made these 20 colorful paper pompoms. These are very easy to make. I was so happy of how festive they look.


Minimum effort, maximum effect!






DIY mustache cake topper. Cake from Becky's Kitchen.


I have to commend the Hubby for making this DIY frosting from scratch! Yeah, yeah, it doesn't look like the frosting you see in normal cupcakes but I love how homey and rustic these cupcakes look. I also enjoyed making these cute little cupcake toppers.


Bear cake from Tous les Jours






My DIY dessert buffet. Thank you, Tita Olive, for providing majority of the canisters and party needs.



Uber inspired while doing these crafts. I love my son so much!!!



DIY backdrop.



Even his mustache shirt is DIY! I just bought a plain T-shirt, cut out a mustache out of a black cloth and sewn it in! Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment